Terms & Conditions
Reservation Terms and Conditions – Updated December 2023
1. By making a reservation at The Raglan Sunset Motel, you agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions and our Rules.
A Reservation is a contract between the owners of the Raglan Sunset Motel, Hahei Beach Limited (‘us’, ‘we’, ‘our’, ‘management’), and the person, aged 18 years and over, named on the Reservation (‘you’, ‘your’, ‘the reservation holder’).
Reservations are not transferable to any other persons. The person named on the reservation must occupy the room for the duration of the contract, and is ultimately responsible/liable for occupants and visitors of that accommodation. Hahei Beach Limited reserves the right to cancel any booking (without refund) whereby the person named on the reservation is no longer occupying the accommodation.
Internet: Raglan Sunset Motel provides guests with free WiFi internet. The operation of any internet connection during a reservation is not guaranteed, may be disrupted or not available.
Parking: Only one vehicle per booking is to be parked onsite, is subject to availability and allocated on a first come first served basis.
2.Check In and Check Out
The reservation holder must register and pay any balance due on arrival, before we will allow any access to rooms. If you do not check in with us when you arrive, your booking may be deemed a ‘non-arrival’ and cancelled without refund, allowing your accommodation to be re-let.
Check In Time is 2pm
Check Out Time is 10am
If you will be arriving after 6pm, please let us know so we can arrange a late arrival for you.
3.Minimum Stays Peak Season & Public Holidays
Minimum nights stay from 24 December until 10 January (Christmas Peak Season) and NZ Public Holiday weekends are 2 nights. Any requested bookings for shorter stays are at the discretion of the General Manager.
Online bookings, via our website, will be charged in full at time of booking. We accept Visa and Mastercard (a 2% credit and debit card surcharge applies). See below for cancellation policies.
If for any reason, other than those provided in sections 1, 5, 9 and 10 of these Terms and Conditions, we do not provide part or all of the accommodation you have reserved, then our liability to you is limited to a maximum refund of the amount you have paid us for your reservation reduced by an administration fee, any deduction pursuant to section 10, and by the price of any accommodation and services that have been provided or made available to you by us up to that date.
5.Cancellation and Amendment Policy
- All booking cancellations and amendments must be made in writing, via email [email protected] with the booking reference number.
- Please advise us before arrival if you want to change the number of people in your reservation. The maximum number of people allowed in accommodation is specified in the room descriptions. Any changes outside of this policy are at the discretion of Management.
Cancellations on all dates except Peak Season & NZ Public Holiday Weekends (see 5a)
- If you cancel your booking:
- 72 hours prior to the day of arrival – 75% refund will apply
- within 72 hours of your booked day of arrival – 25% refund will apply
- However, if you cancel on the day of arrival or ‘do not show’ the full amount of your booking will be charged
- If you choose to leave early, no refunds will be paid and the balance of the booking will not be transferable
5a. Cancellation and Amendment Policy Peak Season & Public Holiday Weekends
(Peak Season 24 December – 10 January + NZ Public Holiday Weekends)
- After 28th August for the upcoming ‘Peak Season’ – 50% of your total confirmed booking is non-refundable and non-transferable
- After 1 November for the upcoming ‘Peak Season’ – 100% of your total confirmed booking is non-refundable and non-transferable
- Confirmed Peak Season bookings cannot be moved to dates outside of Peak Season
- Reservations cannot be made less than the minimum stay booked
Inaccessibility to the Motel: If in the event you are unable to access the Motel due to road closures on the Raglan Road which prevent you from driving to Raglan on the day which your booking is scheduled to commence, you are entitled to be refunded for the day/s which you are unable to access the Motel.
Where you have specifically requested a room we will use all reasonable endeavours to provide you with your requested room; however we reserve the right to modify your booking at any time, for any reason whatsoever, including where availability is affected by cleaning and maintenance requirements, weather damage and/or the need to accommodate other bookings.
Our cancellation policy is firm. We recommend guests take out adequate travel insurance to cover the loss of deposit or any accommodation charges should the cancellation policy be applied. As the New Zealand Government has removed all mandatory Covid-19 requirements, we will not provide a refund when you cannot travel or you leave the Motel early because of Covid-19, or any other illness. We recommend that you refer to the latest Covid-19 recommendations.
Bookings made via Third Parties: If you wish to change or cancel a booking made via a third party website, you must contact them directly.
Child rates apply to children aged 3–15 years inclusive. No charge for infants under 3 years old. Parents will be held responsible for their children at all times. Younger children must be supervised at all times and accompanied by an adult in the communal facilities.
Sorry, you and your visitors cannot bring animals into any accommodation at any time (except Service Dogs).
Unless you instruct us in writing, the booking information provided by you will not be passed on to a third party or disclosed to persons inquiring if you are a guest.
9. Behaviour & Visitors
We are a family oriented Motel and expect reasonable, courteous behaviour from all our guests. Please respect other guests and allow everyone to enjoy their holiday. Management reserves the right to terminate a booking at any time without refund, if behaviour is deemed unacceptable by the General Manager.
- Quiet time is 10pm – 7am – please respect our staff and other guests
- Loud parties, music and excessive alcohol consumption will not be tolerated
- No illegal drugs or associated paraphernalia are allowed
- As a registered guest, you are responsible for your visitors at all times under these T&Cs
- Strictly no visitor parking in the Motel carpark – street parking is available nearby
- We reserve the right to ask any guests and their visitors to leave the Motel and the booking will be terminated if they are deemed by management to be behaving in a socially unacceptable way. No refund will be given and charges will apply for any damage caused
Management reserves the right to recover costs where extra cleaning is required. Please notify reception of any breakages or damage to Motel property. Management reserves the right to recover all costs.
- Additional charges:
Management also reserves the right to charge guests for the following, but not restricted to, all damages and breakages, lost keys, missing items, late departure, extra cleaning and unpaid expenses. Any additional charges will automatically be charged to the credit card provided as security for the booking following at least one attempt to contact the credit card holder.
- Security Call Out: for noise complaints or other breaches of Motel rules $200.
- Lost key policy: Keys that are not returned will be charged to the credit card supplied. A $25 charge will apply if keys are lost.
- Excessive Cleaning of Accommodation: $250 min + any additional costs of cleaning soft furnishings may be added as deemed necessary by management.
- Smoking or Pets: All rooms and shared spaces are strictly non-smoking and pet-free. A designated area is provided for guests who wish to smoke. Any traces of residual smoke or pet hair inside the room will incur an additional cleaning charge of $250 + any additional costs of cleaning soft furnishings may be added as deemed necessary by management.
11. Health & Safety
We thank you in advance for your consideration in maintaining a safe space for yourself, other guests and our staff. Please notify us of any potential hazards, slips, trips or other incidents during your stay so that we can assist. We also ask you to be mindful of the Motel’s shared spaces, and that children 16 years and under are supervised at all times, in particular:
- Spa pool – please ensure child supervision at all times, cover the pool and close the gate after use
- BBQs must be attended by an adult at all times, please keep children away from the area
- The driveway, stairs and balconies are for guest access and should not be used as a playground
- No bikes, scooters or skateboards are to be ridden in the guest courtyard or parking area
- Road and carpark travel speed is walking pace only, please watch for pedestrians when exiting the Motel
- If you are experiencing noise from outside of the Motel, please call Noise Control 0800 492 452
- In case of emergency, please dial 111, we are located at 7 Bankart St, Raglan.
Please advise management as soon as practicable
- Please lock your vehicle and your guest room at all times. Hahei Beach Limited cannot be liable for any theft or damage to personal belongings
- Wellness and Covid-19: If any member of your group is suffering from a medical condition that may be infectious, please practice good hygiene standards, consider others in preventing the spread of illness and seek immediate medical advice from your health professional
Hahei Beach Limited reserves the right to update these Terms and Conditions.