Terms & Conditions
Reservation Terms and Conditions – Updated 18 August 2020
By making a reservation at The Raglan Sunset Motel, you agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions and our Rules.
- Reservations are a contract between the owners of the Raglan Sunset Motel, Hahei Beach Limited (‘us’, ‘we’, ‘our’, ‘management’), and the person, aged 18 years and over, named on the Reservation (‘you’, ‘your’, ‘the reservation holder’).
Reservations are not transferable to any other persons. This means that the person named on the reservation must occupy the site/room for the duration of the contract, and is ultimately responsible/liable for occupants and visitors of that site/accommodation. Hahei Beach Limited reserves the right to cancel any booking (without refund) whereby the person named on the reservation is no longer occupying the site/accommodation.
- Check In and Check Out
The reservation holder must register and pay any balance due on arrival, before we will allow any access to rooms. If you do not check in with us when you arrive, your booking may be deemed a ‘non-arrival’ and cancelled without refund, allowing your accommodation to be re-let.
Check In Time for all accomodation is 2pm
Check Out Time for all accomodation is 10am
If you will be arriving after 6pm, please let us know so we can arrange a late arrival for you. There will also be a number for the Duty Manager if there are any problems.
- Minimum Stays Peak Season & Public Holidays
Minimum nights stay from 24 December until 10 January (Christmas Peak Season) and Public Holiday weekends are 2 nights. Any requested bookings less than the above noted minimum night stays is at the discretion of the General Manager.
- Payment Policy
- Online bookings, via our website, will be charged in full at time of booking. We accept Visa and Mastercard (a 2% credit card surcharge applies). See below for cancellation policies.
If for any reason, other than those provided for in sections 1, 5, 9 and 10 of these Terms and Conditions, we do not provide part or all of the accommodation you have reserved, then our liability to you is limited to a maximum of a refund of the amount you have paid us for your reservation reduced by an administration fee, any deduction pursuant to section 10, and by the price of any accommodation and services that have been provided or made available to you by us up to that date.
- Cancellation and Amendment Policy
(excluding the Peak Season period 24 December – 10 January see 5a)
Policy Terms and Conditions:
- If you cancel your booking and provide at least 72 hours written notice (by email with booking reference number noted) prior to the day of arrival, then a 75% refund will apply.
- If you cancel your booking (by email with booking reference number noted) within 72 hours of your booked day of arrival, then a 25% refund will apply.
- However, if you cancel on the day of arrival or do not show up you will be charged for the full amount due (booked).
- If you choose to leave early, no refunds will be paid and the balance of the booking will not be transferable.
5a. Peak Season
(for all bookings between 24 December – 10 January, defined as “Peak Season”)
We require written (email with booking reference number noted) notice of all cancellations and changes to confirmed Peak Season bookings.
- After 28th August for the upcoming ‘Peak Season’, 50% of your total confirmed booking is non-refundable and non-transferable. Payment cannot be transferred as ‘credit’ to other bookings held by you or by other parties.
- After 1 November for the upcoming ‘Peak Season’, 100% of your total confirmed booking is non-refundable and non-transferable. Payment cannot be transferred as ‘credit’ to other bookings held by you or other parties.
Note: Confirmed Peak Season bookings cannot be moved to dates outside of Peak Season, reservations cannot be changed or made less than the minimum stay booked.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: COVID-19 RESURGENCE UPDATE 18 AUGUST 2020
If you have made a booking after 18 August 2020 and any Covid-19 New Zealand Public Health Response Order means that you cannot legally travel to Raglan on the day on which your booking is scheduled to commence:
- Non-Peak Booking Period: You chose a either a full refund of any amount which you have paid to us or a full credit; or
- Peak Booking Period: We will give you a full credit of the amount you have paid to us to be used by you at any time, subject to availability.
Inaccessibility to the Motel:
If in the event you are unable to access the Motel due to road closures on the Raglan Road which prevent you from driving to Raglan on the day which your booking is scheduled to commence, you are entitled to be refunded for the day/s which you are unable to access the Motel.
Please advise us before arrival if you want to change the number of people in your reservation. The maximum number of people allowed in accommodation is specified in the Room Descriptions. Any changes outside of this policy is at the discretion of General Management only.
Parking (Peak Season and Public Holiday Weekends)
Only one vehicle is to be parked onsite and is subject to availability.
- Child Policy
Child rates apply to children aged 3–15 years inclusive. No charge for infants under 3 years old. Parents will be held responsible for their children at all times. Younger children must be supervised at all times and accompanied by an adult in the communal facilities.
- Pet Policy
Sorry, you and your visitors cannot bring animals into accommodation at any time (except Service Dogs).
- Privacy Act
Unless you instruct us in writing, the booking information provided by you will not be passed on to a third party or disclosed to persons inquiring if you are a guest.
We are a family oriented Motel and expect reasonable, courteous behaviour from all our guests. Please respect other guests and allow everyone to enjoy their holiday. Management reserves the right to terminate a booking at any time without refund, if behaviour is deemed unacceptable by the General Manager.
Management reserves the right to recover cost where extra cleaning is required. Please notify reception of any breakages or damage to resort property. Management reserves the right to recover all costs.
- Additional charges :
Management also reserves the right to charge guests for the following, but not restricted to, all damages and breakages, lost keys, missing items, late departure, extra cleaning and unpaid expenses. Any additional charges will automatically be charged to the credit card provided as security for the booking following at least one attempt to contact the credit card holder.
- Lost key policy :
Keys that are not returned will be charged to the credit card supplied. A $25 charge will apply if keys are lost.
- Smoking :
All rooms and shared spaces are non-smoking. A designated area is provided for guests who wish to smoke. Any traces of residual smoke inside will incur an additional cleaning charge of $200. Any additional costs of cleaning soft furnishings may be added as deemed necessary by management.
- Internet :
Raglan Sunset Motel provides guests with free WiFi internet. The operation of any internet
connection during this reservation is not guaranteed and may be disrupted or not available.